- install the Unofficial update - strongly encouraged
- install the persistent base if not already installed
- drag the node into the link editor
- delete the node from the scene after install is complete
The script creates a mesh that indicates the orientation of the selected
joint. Change the orientation of the helper mesh and then
use the second part of the script to transfer the changes to the
joint. This is useful for mechanical actors like the hinge
joints of a door.
Usage (orient a joint):
- select a joint
- press the Create Guide button
- rotate the guide to the desired orientation
- or move the Z axis indicator and press the Align Z axis button
- press the Transfer Changes to Joint button
Usage (zero all joints)
- select an actor or a skeleton
- make sure the default pose is set
- press the Zero All Joints button
Installer creates a button that runs the script in the panel
Use on an unskinned skeleton, otherwise the skin will deform.
It's best to use this tool before skinning.
The standard 3d colors will make a helper mesh where x=red, y=green
To use on a skinned character (assuming uv set 2 is free):
- Apply any uv map using UV set 2
Edit uv map set 2 and choose "Flatten selected
UV vertices" to make unique uv's for each vertex.
Copy the character/actor and use the copy in the following
Use the "Attach Skin to Skeleton" tool to detach
Use the Joint Orientation Control on the new character
without a mesh.
Use "Attach Skin to Skeleton" to reattach the
skeleton to the mesh.
Use "Transfer skinning weights" tool and choose "UV
2" in the mapping options. Select the original character
and the skin weights will transfer to the new character.
you tube here
February 24, 2018
- persistent install v2 compatible
- compatible with new batch installer
Oct 12, 2014
- added cancel button
- optional target item for the z axis alignment
Version 2.0: Works with joints
at the end of a chain and added a third button for setting all the
rotations of a skeleton to zero.
Version 2.0.1: Just added some feedback
to the status line and a finished message. No functional changes
January 7, 2012 - auto installer