Script comes pre-installed in the Unofficial trueSpace Updates - https://www.united3dartists.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=55
- install the persistent base if it is not already installed
- drag the node into the link editor
- delete the node from the scene after install is complete
Select a mesh object in a 3D view
Push the button and adjust the cut with the object navigation
Left click to start a new cut and commit the previous slice or ctrl+left
click to start a new cut at the last cutter location and commit
the previous slice.
- Left click to commit the slice and start a new cut using the default orientation
- Ctrl-left click to commit the slice and start a new cut in the current location ( this will be invisible because the commited cut and the new slice will be at the same location)
- Right click to end the tool and abort the last cut.
- ortho views will have a more predictable default cut orientation
- It does not work with grouped objects.
- The name of the object will change during the boolean operation.
- A pivot will be added to the mesh.
- It will create extra veritces that are easily deleted.
- If you get the "Construction history will be removed" message - check the box and answer yes.
- If you continue to get the "Construction history will be removed" message
then the dialog options may be stuck. To unstick them use
the link editor to find the "Preferences/Dialog settings" node
and check and uncheck the "Flatten objects" option.
February 24, 2018
- persistent install v2 compatible
- compatible with new batch installer
- keep original mesh name
- increased widget priority so behaves properly - fixes reverse of ctrl modifier
January 14, 2018: widget install fix
January 5, 2018
- fix bug where Dialog settings node does not exist
- fix bug where selection is not valid for the slice action
- reversed left click and ctrl left click action - plain left click resets to the default cutter orientation
- automatic edges visible
- uses status line for feedback and tips
- persistent install
September 12, 2013:
no need to answer the
contruction history question
- functions spread over more script nodes - result maybe more reliable operation
December 1 2012: unique button id
January 15 2012:
modelside materials fix and error catching, fix for dialog