The script requires the plugin,
version v.1638442 or higher. This can also be found on the persistent install scripts page.
NURBS required to import curves.
Status Message required.
Global function set required.
JSON function set install required, released Oct 19 2022
SocketsCommandLink.zip for Blender 3.3
If the unofficial updates v9 is installed skip to step 5
- install the persistent base if not already installed
- install the rsx plugin if it is not already installed
- install the nurbs tools and all its requirements
- install status message, global function set and json function set
- drag the node into the link editor and press the install button
- delete the node from the scene after the install is complete
- Edit > Preferences...
- Add-ons tab
- Enable Add Mesh: Extra Objects
- Enable Add Curve: Extra Objects
- Install the Add-on from install button at the top
- choose SocketsCommandLink.zip, and check the box when it appears to enable the add on
- The Command Link will be found in the Sidebar in the Clintons3D panel
Start - will start the socket server in Blender which will receive the commands from trueSpace
Stop - will stop the socket server
- Bevel Miter Inner may cause a tS crash
TODO: disable this option, even when working it doesn't look very useful
- Smart UV - Correct Aspect does not do anything - used inside Blender to adjust for a texture image aspect ratio
- trueSpace may crash if the mesh has more than 12000 vertices
it seems to fail half way through the uv calculations when generating the tS mesh
Further testing indicates that if the mesh has 1 uv then about 30000 vertices is ok and if it has 2 uv channels then about 15000 vertices is ok
- not all Blender options for all the tools are supported
- if there is an error in Blender that stops the command link from working, Stop and Start the socket server may clear the error and restore functionality
- uses a modified OD Copy Paste format to transfer mesh information
OD_CopyPasteExternal by Oliver Hotz of Origami Digital
- Potential future change - use own data format, including normals data
May 30, 2023
- added crash warning for bevel miter inner = ARC
- add undo buttons for smart uv, unwrap uv and bevel
- updated blender addon to use vertex or point selections if active for smart uv
- fixed torus spiral inner radius